Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wellness Wednesday: 5 Simple Ways to Relieve Stress

Here are some quick ways to get some stress relief:


1. Eat Chocolate

Yep ladies. You read correctly. Just only 1.5 ounces of the good stuff calms your nerves. Dark chocolate is even better. In fact, it is considered a SUPERFOOD. Not only does it contain disease fighting chemicals, but it also helps lower blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart attack. So eat up. But make sure you do so in moderation.

photograph by BRAND X PICTURES/THINKSTOCK

2. Sip Green Tea

I know you have already heard that green tea is great for weight loss, but that is not where its amazing benefits end. It helps regulate glucose levels, speeds up metabolism, and reduces bad cholesterol. It contains antibacterial and antiviral agents. But really, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is a reason why it has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years.


3. Meditate

Ok. I know we have already went over this, but I can not stress enough how meditation REALLY helps. All you need is 5 minutes a day to start reaping the benefits that this wonderful practice has to offer. Trust me. You’ll thank me later.

4. Give Yourself a Massage

Ok, i’m not talking about a full on body massage here. That would be a little difficult. I’m talking about a simple hand massage or a foot massage. Think about when you get a mani and/or pedi. You know when its that time for the massage, you secretly want to scream DON’T STOP!! Come on. Admit it. I know I love a good massage. And as a Massage Therapist myself, I cannot emphasize enough how great it is for your health. Hands and feet are the areas of your body that easily get over worked. So take some time out to take care of those appendages.


5. Take A Walk

Sometimes its just as simple as getting some fresh air and clearing your mind. Sometimes you need some time alone. Enjoy your surroundings. Breath in the fresh air. Feel the breeze flow through your hair. Listen to the birds chirp. Listen to all the sounds. The added benefit of this is that you will be getting some physical activity in.

So when you find that the days are getting too hectic, or you just need a breather, don't worry. Just remember, relief is just a few simple steps away.
Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment