Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Monday, December 1, 2014

My OMG Moment

6:00am on the dot.  Not a minute before.  Not a minute after.  That is the time little man decided to wake up.  So I stumbled over to his room.  Picked him up and plopped down on the nice comfy sofa to feed him.  As he drank his milk, he looked up at me and smiled.  His dimples were so profound.  His big brown eyes squinced and he let out a tiny chuckle.  How could I be upset?  I mean yes, I want nothing more than to finally get 8 hours of sleep.  But just look at him. His big brown eyes. His beautiful smile.  His tiny little toes and fingers.  As I sit there admiring this perfect little being in my arms, I felt a slight push and BAM! His little body let out the loudest fart I ever heard.  Everyone was sleeping, and I was trying to hold in the laughter as best as I could. But that was the cutest thing ever.


As little man continued to drink his milk, I looked around the quiet house.  The sunlight was beginning to seep through the window blinds.  The house was nice and peaceful.  I could hear my husband snoring in the background. I started to think.  Today is December 1st.  Oh my god!  TODAY IS DECEMBER 1ST!!  There are only 19 days left until little man turns 1!  Seriously.  Did this really just creep up on me?  I can’t believe I have not done any leg work to get this party together.  OK.  Pull yourself together.  You are awesome at this.  You can do this with one hand tied behind your back. Breath in and focus.  I have done this plenty of times before.  I really enjoy throwing parties.  I just really hate the cleaning up part.  And lately it just seems like I can not catch up.  But you know what? That doesn't even matter because little man is turning 1 soon. It feels like he was just born a couple months ago.  My husband and I just welcomed this little “ladies man” into our lives.  And here he is.  About to turn 1.  I can’t believe it.  Time really does fly when you are having fun. Or chasing his little butt around the house. Pretty soon he will start kindergarten. Then high school. Then college. Then he will meet a girl (she better be respectable) and get married and have kids of his own.  Oh my gosh.  All the kids are getting big.  Where is the time going?  Oh no. I’m getting so old.  Do I even look 31?  I’m going to get wrinkles soon.  And turn gray….Ok. Let me get a hold of myself.  He is just turning 1.  

As I look into his big brown eyes I start to think. Enjoy every minute.  Time goes by so fast. Appreciate every little moment. Enjoy every little kiss.  Cherish every little hug.  All of my kids have grown so much over the year.  My oldest has become so independent.  She is so good at helping me out with the baby.  My youngest daughter started kindergarten this year, and I couldn’t be more proud at how great she’s been doing. And little man.  Well, I think it goes without saying that he has been such a blessing.  I feel so complete. So i’m going to sit down.  Drink a nice cup of tea and get started on my party planning.  Because this is going to be a huge birthday bash.  Bryce is turning 1 yall! Look out world, ‘cause here he comes...I mean goes!  There he goes again trying to bring the house down.  There is never a dull moment when you have a baby boy on the move.





These are my crazy kids. They always keep me on my toes. But I could not, would not ask for anything more.
Mommy loves you!

Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment