Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Do Not Disturb...Mommy in Hiding

Ahhhh. Finallly. The kids are in bed. Now some "me" time.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE being with them all day.  But man, can they wear a momma out.

This year I realized that I can no longer expect to use the bathroom in peace. Yes, we are going there right now.  Many would agree that when you have children, you slowly begin to realize all the little things you used to take for granted.  Like your privacy when using the bathroom. Which brings me right back to my previous bathroom break statement. Once I get a chance to go, I try to take my time and just sit there, lol. I can't even believe I am telling you this.  But this is seriously the case and I'm gonna keep it 100% real with you. I usually take my phone, so this is when I will catch up on some news, or read emails I have been putting off.  Check out instagram. Yada yada. I know, I know TMI.  But give me a break here.  It is really quite humorous. I know I am not the only one out there that feels this way.  I am probably just the first person you ever heard say it out loud. Ok. Before you get it all twisted, let me paint a picture for you:

Knock! Knock! knock!
Alexis: "Mom, are you in there?"
Me: "Yes.  Can I help you?"
Alexis: "Um, Brooke doesn't want to give me my toy and she is calling me names"
Me: "Seriously? What can I possibly do from in here?"
Alexis: "Uh. Ok. Are you almost done?"
Me: "Can I use the bathroom in peace?"
Then I hear the frustrated sigh of my oldest as she leaves the room.

2 seconds later...
Knock!Knock!
Brooke: "Mommy?"
Me: "Yeeessssss"
Brooke: "Whatever kiki said is a lie."
Me: "People, can I please use the bathroom"
Brooke: "Fine. But Bryce is crying."
At this point I am no longer able to do ANYTHING.  I have forgotten what the heck I came in here for.

The only time they bother their dad is to ask him where I am. But that is my life right now. Don't you just love it?

Well, today was one of those days I was telling you about.  I had to use the bathroom after picking up the girls from school. I can hear the kids running around.  The shuffle of little man's walker going back and forth as he chases the girls while they run around the house looking for me.  Then I hear the inevitable knock. Seriously though. I feel like I live in a sitcom. I think from now on, I am going to put a sign on my bathroom door. "Do Not Disturb". I wonder what kind of response that will get.




Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment