Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Weekly Zen

Facials are not only great for your skin, but they also play a part in relaxing the mind and body.  Which brings me to today's Zen moment: Getting a facial. Not everyone is able to go to a fancy spa on a regular basis. So here is a simply way you can reap all the benefits that a fancy spa offers right in the comfort of your own home.   


First things first.  Make sure you set the mood.  That’s right. Break out those candles.  Burn that incense.  Take of your clothes and slip on that lush robe, if you have one (we are trying to conjure up that spa feeling remember?).  Whatever you do, just make sure you go all out.  This is YOUR time to relax.  Make sure you take advantage.  Take some nice deep breaths and let’s get started.


Here are some things you are going to need and directions:


  1. A basic facial cleanser   Try to make sure it is the right one for your skin type.
Using warm water, you want to wash your face using your fingers or wash clothe in tiny circular motions. Rinse well.  
  1. An exfoliator   This is the key to smooth skin. Local drug stores have plenty on hand that are pretty cost effective.
Again, using about a dime size on your fingers, apply to your skin using a circular motion.  I don’t think I need to tell you this, but be careful to not get in your eyes.  You also may want to focus on your neck and chest also. These areas also need some love.
  1. A hot damp towel   Gotta get those pores to open up so we can get them nice and clean.
Roll the towel up and wrap around your face, leaving a small hole in the middle for your nose. Lay down and relax for a few minutes. Don’t forget to breathe deeply.
  1. Apply facial mask   Again, you want to make sure you got the right one for your skin type. This is also something you can get at a drug store, or you can make your own with some ingredients you may have in your pantry.
Just simply apply all over face avoiding eyes.  Give the mask about 10 minutes to work its magic.

Yes, I know I look ridiculous. But I am just one step closer to having radiant skin.

  1. Rinse off the mask using a warm wet towel. Make sure you get it all off. Pay special attention to the area around your nose and hairline.
  2. Moisturizer   One of the secrets to radiant skin is hydration.  Always make sure you apply moisturizer, especially during the cold winter months.
The last step is to apply moisturizer.  You can take this opportunity to give yourself a little facial massage during this step.  Just don’t over do it with the moisturizer.  You just spent all that time making sure your face was gunk free. Don’t reset everything by slathering on the lotion.


Some optional supplies you can have on hand are cucumber slices or used tea bags for your eyes while you lay down with the mask on.  Essential oil can also be a great idea to get the whole aromatherapy feel (just simply drop a few drops onto the hot towel that you have on your face). Relaxing music is also great to set the mood.


Don't I look radiant? So fresh and so clean.

So there you have it. A simple, yet relaxing, facial.  Remember, you don’t have to spend loads of money in order to feel like a million bucks.  Just take some the time out to take care of that beautiful face of yours.

This was my Zen moment of the week.  What will yours be?

Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment