Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Friday, December 26, 2014

Are you the same person after kids?

A while ago I heard someone say that once you have kids, you become a completely different person.  That got me thinking, and I couldn't help but feel some type of way.  

I know some people may feel that once you have kids, your life ends. You are not able to do the things you used to do. You won't be able to go out. You won't be able to enjoy life. Your life won't belong to you anymore. The list goes on and on. To be honest, your life DOES change, but not for the worst like some people may think. I honestly believe that it depends on your level of maturity. It depends on whether or not you are ready and willing to take on the extra responsibilities. Now that I am in my 30's and I have my own family, I see things a little bit differently. I see the importance of responsibility. I see the importance of putting others before yourself. I see the importance of being a good role model.


Some people think that when you have kids, you have to stop being yourself. You no longer associate with people you once did before.  And for some, this may be a good thing. A VERY good thing. Again, it goes back to your maturity. If you had reckless friends that just did what they want whenever they want, then yeah, maybe those types of friends are not for you anymore. But it is perfectly fine to have friends that you can turn to when you need a night out (and trust me, those days will come). It is ok to still keep in contact with those people that you used to hang out with before you had kids. You can't lose yourself. It is so important that you keep your identity.       

Am I the same person I was 10 years ago? I hope not.  I hope that in the past 10 years I would have evolved. I hope that in the past 10 years, I have become wiser. Before I had kids, I didn't think about tomorrow. Before I had kids, I didn't know what it was to truly love someone with all of your being. Today, I try to enjoy every minute of my life because I understand, now, how really precious it is. I am more patient, grateful and understanding. If I get a chance to go out with my friends, I am more responsible.  But I still keep true to who I am.  I am still that clumsy person that loves to laugh and dance. Every now and then I enjoy a drink. Does that make me a bad person? NO. I didn't have to change who I was.  I just had to grow up. There is a difference.


Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment