Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mood Boosting Foods

If you are feeling a little blue, there are certain foods that can help get you out of that funk. Studies have shown that the following foods may helps ease depression and reduce anxiety.


  1. Mango
Actually, any food that is rich in vitamin C has immune boosting power. This also helps improve your mood by helping your body recover faster from stress.  So go ahead and enjoy a nice juicy mango, or any citrus in the morning.




  1. Chocolate
I know I said it before, but eating dark chocolate contains stress reducing hormones.  It is also loaded with antioxidants.  Just be sure to not overdo it.  The calories can creep up on you, then you will be stressing out about something else.


  1. Walnuts and pumpkin seeds
These healthy snacks are rich in omega-3’s and have been proven to improve your mood. So not only are they a satisfying snack, but they also make you feel great.  Other great sources of omega-3 include fish like salmon, sardines, tuna and rainbow trout.




  1. Celery
I know you know that celery can be a great snack for when you are dieting.  But what many people don’t know is that celery contains a chemical that lowers the number of stress hormones in your blood. So on your next snack time, go ahead and munch on some crunchy celery.


  1. Carbs
Yes! Finally a reason to eat a little bit of that forbidden food. Not only does a highly restrictive low-carb diet increase stress levels, but there have been some research that shows that carbs promote the production of serotonin.  You know, that feel-good hormone.




  1. Honey
Honey helps reduce inflammation, which can also contribute to depression. The sugars in honey can give you an instant mood boost, stop depression and reduce anxiety.


  1. Coconut
Coconut contains a chemical chain that causes your body to use it as instant brain fuel.  This is why it will not get stored as fat.  It is such a great mood boosting food that even the scent of coconut can reduce stress and anxiety.



These are just a few examples of how food can really affect your mind and body. Even though I may not always follow my own advice, it is important to eat things that make us feel good. Next time you are feeling sad, anxious, or just in a slump, take a look at what you are eating.  It may be time to change up some of your eating habits.  It’s all about taking care of yourself.

Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment