Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

When Life Hands You Lemons

As a mom, we sometimes feel that we have to take on the world.  Many times we give so much of ourselves that it causes us to become resentful.  We work so hard on this idea that we can lead the perfect life.  We have everything under control.  We can tackle it all and still look good for our man.  Then something happens and we get that brutal slap of reality.  There is no need for us to feel the need to go above and beyond. Why are we killing ourselves?  What are we trying to prove?  And who are we trying to prove it to?  Don’t get me wrong.  It’s great to do extra special things for the ones we love.  Birthday celebrations are over the top. Anniversaries are magical.  But what happens when your efforts go unnoticed?  Or you feel that you are not getting the recognition that YOU FEEL you deserve?  You become resentful.  


Just today my friend told me a story about her adventure in finding her sons birthday gift after work.  Operation “Find That Gift” turned out to be a series of unfortunate events.  She got rained on, caught in the middle of a tornado warning, locked out of the house. Had to battle the biggest wolf spider she had ever laid eyes on. Practically broke into her back porch. And to top it off, her husband was less than sympathetic. That was probably due to her flipping out when he called her.  But who could blame her?  She had just completed a mommy marathon with a couple of unforeseen side obstacles.  

Would it be too much to ask for a little appreciation?  A little gratitude.  A little recognition?  I can totally relate to my friend.  Many times I want to go the extra mile to make everyone happy.  But when I don't get it in return, I can’t help but feel resentful.
Maybe I AM getting the appreciation, but not how I feel it should be given.  Are my expectations too high?  No one will take care of my loved ones the way I would.  So I can’t get angry when I feel like I deserve a gold medal and only receive a thank you card.  I have to remember that even though everyday may not be magical, it is still a day I should be thankful for.  I have a beautiful family, food in our stomachs and a place to lay my head down at night.  I don’t have to be supermom.  YOU don’t have to be supermom.  You are human.  You can’t tackle the world.  No matter how much you try, things will never go as smoothly as you planned.  These little (or big) obstacles are what shape you as a mother and a wife.  They are what molds you into the incredible being that you are. This is life.  It’s Not Quite Zen...but we are working on it.  
Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment