Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Word to the Critics

I recently read an article about how annoying mommy blogs are. Being a blogger myself, I couldn't help but feel some type of way.  So I had to do some research and see exactly what it is about mommy blogs that make many of them come across as annoying.

The verdict? Well a good amount of mommy blogs write to complain about all the negative aspects of staying home. In my opinion, instead of writing about the horrors of staying at home, maybe try spinning those experiences into positive ones.  Write about trying to find the humor in it all.  There are a million other moms that are experiencing the same thing.  Some may even have it a little worse, so you are not helping anyone by constantly complaining about what you are going through.

Now, on the other side of the spectrum, you get the mommy blogger that strives to be the model Stay At Home Mom. The gold medalist in the “mommy marathons”.  They know everything. There way of parenting is the best.  Their children are the best behaved kids in the world. They are the ultimate DIYer.  The absolute best in couponing, their house is spotless, yada yada yada.  You get the idea.  In my opinion, these blogs come off as very condescending.  I don’t know about you, but I live in the real world.  Nothing will ever be this easy. Some moms try to compare themselves to these women.  Let me tell you, that is the absolute worse thing you could do.  The only possible outcome of this will be feelings of inadequacy.  No one is perfect.  And that is OK. There will be times that you are not able to fold those clothes, or clean the dishes, or heck, even take a shower. There will be days that all you will strive for is some alone time in the bathroom. Seriously, I have been there. It’s life.  Things are not always going to be smooth sailing. Parenting is not easy.  Being a wife is not easy. Taking care of the home IS NOT EASY.  

The reason why I started writing was because I realized one day that I wanted to leave a mark in this world.  I wanted my kids to look back and see that I had a voice.  I want to show people that even though I stay at home, I am still able to be my own person.  I still try my best to find the positive in everything. I still use my brain (there is somehow this impression that all we do is watch soap operas, clean house, and change diapers).  I want to talk to women that feel the way I feel and work hard everyday to provide their families with love, nurture, and devotion.  Its hard for us to take time for ourselves.  So I am writing about my journey to finding that balance. And putting in the effort to make time for ME. I also write about different thoughts that go through my mind and try to find humor in my day to day. I write about family and friends.   

My beautiful family


When I spent countless nights awake because little man wouldn't stay asleep, it was blogs like these that got me through it.  Well, my husbands support helped too.  A lot.  But the important thing is that mommy blogs showed me that I was not alone.  I was not the only one going through what I was going through at the time.  They reassured me that things will get better.  They gave suggestions on what worked for them. They let me know that this does get easier.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I want to provide that same support, guidance, comfort and inspiration to others like me.

Being a mom, is hard work.  Just like any other job.  I am not playing the victim.  I am not looking for sympathy.  I am not expecting everyone to bow to me because I do what I do.  I chose this life.  I chose to stay home.  I write simply because I enjoy doing it.  I have a voice.  I have something to say. I don’t view others with a condescending eye. Being at home has taught me a few things. It takes courage. Diligence. Discipline. Selflessness. Patience. It takes time management skills. Accounting knowledge. Culinary expertise. You have to be able to plan events, manage stress and multitask. I have had the chance to grow outside of my previous skill set, and so far it has been a blast.  

So I understand why some may find mommy blogs annoying.  But these are not the only blog types out there.  There are many talented women, mothers writing about different things.  Some write about fitness.  Some write about fashion.  There are food blogs, craft blogs, self improvement blogs (hello there). The list goes on and on of the types of mommy blogs available.  Please do not pigeon hole all of us into one type of blogger. Whether you are a stay at home mom or a 9-5pm working woman, we are all striving toward the same goal: To make the world a better place for our children and to provide our family with the best possible version of life they can have. I can't wait to see where this journey brings me, and I hope you all enjoy the ride.



Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment