Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Monday, November 17, 2014

Fun Girls Night Out

Being a SAHM can be very challenging sometimes.  There have been times where I spent all day in sweatpants and a t-shirt chasing after my 10 month old while trying to go down my list of to-do’s for the day.  Once the girls get out of school, I rarely have a moment to myself. Sometimes it really gets overwhelming.  You begin to feel as if you have lost your spark.  That’s when I take my cue.  It’s time for some me time.  It’s time for a GIRLS NIGHT OUT!!  Honey, it’s your turn with the kids.  Momma’s gonna go have some fun!

Recently, I was able to plan a night out with the girls.  I had been hearing about this cool thing called Paint Nite. It is basically an art class with alcohol.  Sounds cool right?  Well it is.  And we had a blast.  


What you do is visit the Paint Nite website and find an event near you.  Once you pinpoint your area, a list of venues come up with dates and times.  You even get to see a preview of the masterpiece you will be creating.  Once you found the piece you like and a date that works for you and your crew, you purchase the tickets online.  Let me tell you, these events sell out fast.  It is that popular.  Not an artistic person?  Not a problem.  The instructors are very cool and relaxed.  They walk you through each step.  Down to which colors to mix to get the desired hue.  And If you are still worried that you won't be the next Picasso,  then have a couple of drinks to really get those creative juices flowing.  It doesn’t have to be perfect.  Art is subjective.  Art is emotion.  Art is...who cares!  You are out with the girls having a drink, making a beautiful piece of art.  Trust me, after a few drinks you will swear that your piece belongs in a fancy museum.  It was great.  The best part is that after all that hard work (yeah, its so hard to drink and have fun with friends), you get to take that bad boy home and show it off.  Who else you know has an original work of art hanging on their walls?

Finished Masterpeice


If you are anything like me, you take these opportunities to dress up since you spend most of your time in t-shirts and sweats.  So I did it up.  My hair was done.  My makeup was flawless.  I bought a new blouse.  My sassy heels were ready to go.  I didn’t have to worry about getting any paint on this ensemble.  Paint Nite provides aprons for you to wear.  They also provide everything you need to make your masterpiece. The easel, the paint, the brushes, the canvas.  The only thing you have to purchase are your drinks at the venue.  Its lasts for about 2 hours, so its gives you just enough time to do something fun other than tend to your little ones.  And if you are lucky and have someone to stay with the kids all night, you are done early enough to go grab a bite and reflect with your buddies on how much fun you had and laugh at each others attempt at being a serious artist.

The girls getting ready to create magic

Me and my girls

The whole group
Paint Nite is fun, creative and different from what you and your friends would normally do.  At the end of the night you guys can compare your works of art.  They will all be similar, with different touches of your personalities.  Next time you plan a night out, you have to try Paint Nite.  You definitely won’t regret it.  It will be a night to remember.

Me and the girls at Paint Nite
Check out their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PaintNite or website www.paintnite.com
Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment