Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fun Filled Weekend

This weekend was very eventful for me. I had a great family surprise and a fun night out with friends and loved ones.

First off, let me start with telling you I am psychic.  I had been thinking about my cousin on Thursday night and was planning on reaching out to her on Friday.  She had been carrying her 4th child and I knew she was due next month.  So, Friday evening came and I decided to send my girl a text.  Lo and behold, this amazing woman was at the hospital. She started to feel labor pains and arrived at her hospital around 6:40 pm.  At 7:14 pm she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.  Another wonderful addition to the family.  

Since moving down South, there have been quite a few changes in my family.  And unfortunately, the close ties that some of us had, slowly began to drift apart. Earlier this year, I was able to make a trip back up for my brother’s wedding and got a chance to see my cousins.  I miss them so much.  So it is my goal to stay in touch as best as I can.

On Saturday, we celebrated my friends son’s birthday at Disney World.  Let me tell you. If you are able to go during this time of year, please make the trip.  It is BEAUTIFUL!  The lights, the music, the decorations and the sentiment.  It was great.  The parks were pretty busy, but I am sure it had to do with the holiday break that the kids have (they will be off ALL next week, so pray for me yall).  But, despite the crowds, we had a wonderful time.  Seeing the smiles on the children’s faces was enough to help us get through the day.  Their excitement was contagious.  Even little man was very pleasant. He laughed, and played with them the entire time.  Not once did he get fussy. Despite the gloomy weather, it was the perfect day.  At the end of the night, we walked down the illuminated Main Street in Magic Kingdom and grabbed some wonderful pictures of the castle.  The sight was breathtaking.  We then stopped at a coffee shop to refuel before the trip home and grabbed a cupcake for the birthday boy. It was a nice and calm ending to a great day. I was so very grateful to spend that time with my dear friend and her family during such a special occasion.  

The holidays look like they are off to a great start.  A little blessing for my cousin, and a great day with loved ones.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to start off the holiday week.

Balloon man on Main Street

The crowd down Main Street
View of the castle from other end of Main Street

Cinderella's Castle illuminated at night

Close up of the beautiful lights on the castle
Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment