Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Moms Are Not Allowed to get Sick

So, so true.  This is my third day sick.  Last night was absolute hell.  I could not breathe, kept coughing, my eyes were watering, my body ached.  It was horrible.  The kids were their usual hyper selves after school.  Around 4:30pm, i just could not take it anymore.  My oldest (9yrs old) saw that I was struggling a bit so she offered to watch the kids so I could go lay down.  Even though it was just for about 30 mins, it helped tremendously.  Little man started crying right on cue for dinner.  So I warmed up his food and my Diva fed the baby while I got dinner ready for everyone else.  

I always like to have dinner ready when hubby walks through the door.  You see, even though I am as sick as a dog (where did that saying come from anyway?), I still feel the obligation to have everything done since I am a STAY AT HOME MOM.  Just because I am sick, it doesn't mean I can slack from my normal duties.  I mean think about it, if I had a normal job, I would still be required to come into work.  Its not like I can call in for 3 days in a row.  So alas, there I was, trying to get a nutritious dinner (blackened tilapia and tortellini) on the plate while struggling to breathe.  Which, by the way, when  saw this, i instantly thought about how true it is:



Dinner was done.  Kids and hubby were fed.  Now time to rest a bit.  Nope.  Can’t do that because I have little man tugging on my leg wanting some attention.  No matter how hard I try to keep him away so he doesn't get sick, it does not work.  He flashes his cute pearly whites (he has 8 of them now) and I just can’t resist.  I realized that no matter how sick i was, things still needed to get done.  The hubby helped our oldest with her rock project (thank god for that), I helped our 5 year old with her turkey project, and little man cried because he wanted to be pick up (oh God. I hope he is not getting sick too).  Dishes were not done, laundry was not put away.  
And, I’m embarrassed to say that I have still not unpacked from our trip.  We returned on Sunday and the last thing I wanted to do was look at any luggage.  Screw this.  I need to rest.  As soon as 8 o’clock hit, little man was in bed and the girls were in their room winding down.  Life does not stop just because you are sick.  Things still need to get done.  Babies need to be fed. Kids need help with their homework.  The house needs to be cleaned.  How do people do this?  

Why don't I take any medicine you ask?  Well, I have never really been a fan of pill popping.  I always thought it is better to just let your body develop its immune system and fight things off on its own.  Also, there is this little issue of breastfeeding.  I still breastfeed little man.  So I am always cautious of what I am putting into my body (unless it is gourmet, then I can’t have enough, smh).  But today.  Today little man is spending the day with Auntie.  So i will have some time to just stay in bed and rest.  The house is just going to have to wait until I feel better.  GranGran gave me some Jamaican Rum to make a concoction that she believes can help.  Since I am not gonna have little man for a quite some, why not. Hell, if nothing else, maybe the rum will knock me out for a few.  I mixed 1 oz of rum with some lemon, honey and cinnamon.  Bottoms up...GAG.  Wow. that was horrible.  But my throat is now numb. So no coughing.  Hmmm, maybe this will help after all.  
Here it is using Bourbon.  I got this off of Pinterest

Bourbon Cough Syrup for Grownups
2 ounces bourbon whisky
1/2 lemon, juiced (about 2 ounces)
2-4 ounces water (optional)
1 tablespoon honey
Mix the bourbon, lemon juice, and water (if using) in a tumbler or mug and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds. (You can also do this on the stovetop in a little saucepan.) Take out and add the honey. Whisk to combine, then microwave for another 45 seconds.
If you're sick, it's best not to drink this too hot; a good warm temperature is better. Take it to bed and sip it slowly with a book in the other hand. Sleep well!
I’ll let you know if it worked for me.

This is my life.  Its not quite zen...but i’m working on it.

Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment