Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Weekly Zen

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
If you look up the word ZEN, you will get a few definitions.  

Webster Dictionary defines it as:
"a variety of Buddhism seeking to attain an intuitive illumination of mind and spirit through meditation, esp. on paradoxes. "
American Heritage Dictionary describes it as :
"Enlightenment that can be attained through meditation, self-contemplation, and intuition."  
YourDictionary.com says:
"The definition of zen is slang for feeling peaceful and relaxed."
Heck, even Urban Dictionary weighed in on the topic:
"Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts."
Me?  MY definition of ZEN is finding peace, happiness, calmness, serenity. ZEN is a state of mind, body and soul. It takes self awareness and evolution. I believe that in order to achieve ZEN, I need to make sure I take care of myself.  Take care of my mind.  Take care of my body. Take care of my spirit.  So, since having 3 kids, a husband and a dog doesn't really make it easy to completely engulf myself into this idea, I will start with baby steps.  At least once a week I will do something that will bring me closer to ZEN.  Voila! I present to you my first “Weekly Zen" Moment.
Symbol for ZEN: Enso
Today I had a few hours to myself since the girls are in school and little man is with Auntie and GranGran.  My husband thought it would be a good idea for me to do something for myself.  I looked at my nails, and let me tell you.  It was a sad sad sight.  I had nail polish on there from 2 weeks ago. I know, embarrassing right?  The polish was chipped (actually, each nail had just one little piece of polish left), my cuticles were horrendous. And my nails were in bad need of some filing and shaping.  So I thought, why the hell not.  The problem is, that since I AM a stay at home mom now, I feel EXTREMELY guilty spending money.  But he insisted.  And what was it going to cost anyways?  $20 tops?  So I dropped little man off came back home and cleaned a bit (just so I don’t feel like I was taking advantage of the situation).  Then I did it.  I decided to go and do something for myself dammit!  I took a shower, got dressed, did my makeup (yes, if I am going to do this, I am gonna look good while doing it).  I walked into the nail salon like the baddest b****.  I am getting my nails done today!  
Let me tell you...I forgot how nice it felt to have someone cater to me. The hand massage alone was worth the visit.  I did not want it to end.  I know, i’m such a loser :-).  I picked a nice holiday color.  I love deep reds.  There is always something sexy and sophisticated about a woman with deep red nails.  
Having my Zen moment with a cup of tea
When I got home, I snuggled up with a nice cup of tea (it was pretty chilly outside) and caught up with one of my shows.  For a moment there, I closed my eyes and just breathed.  It was so calming.  So relaxing.  The house was nice and quiet.  The weather was nice and chilled for a change (we all know how insanely hot it can get in Florida).  I felt a moment of peace.  I looked around and was so grateful for everything that I have.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  It is what makes life interesting.  Unpredictable. Fun. Crazy. Hectic.  I don’t always have good days.  But you know what?  Having the bad days makes me appreciate the good ones that much more.  I think I found my ZEN for today.  How will you find yours?  


Simple Homemade Manicure Tips:

Comments

2 comments :

  1. Great information. Thanks for the wonderful article, it may be very helpful for everyone who is conscious about.
    Manicure at home naturally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information. Thanks for the wonderful article, it may be very helpful for everyone who is conscious about.
    Manicure at home naturally

    ReplyDelete