Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ice Your Way To Beauty!



One thing that I heard when I was a young teenager is that the cold keeps you looking young. Not sure if it is true or not, but it is something that kind of stuck with me. So ever since then I would rub an ice cube on my face before going to bed.  I know. It sounds crazy right? But I swear it works. My pores are tiny. The skin on my face feels nice and firm, and it makes my skin glow after I am done.

Not getting more than 4-6 hours of sleep at night (yes, little man still gets up in the middle of the night), I try to do what I can to make sure I feel refreshed and keep myself looking radiant. I don't like to spend tons of money on beauty supplies, so using something so simple as ice cubes is right up my alley. Here are several reasons why ICE CUBES should be added to your facial care regimens from Indianbeautyspot.com:

1) Use the ice cube as a makeup primer. Before applying your makeup, prep skin by rubbing an ice cube all over.  This keeps the skin fresh and helps your makeup stay on longer. I am no going to lie, the cold ice shocks the crap out of you at first, but just put on your big girl panties, take a deep breath and just do it!!!

2) You can make an ice cube face wash by whisking honey and olive oil together and pouring it in an ice cube tray. After cleansing, massage a frozen cube on your face and neck in a circular motion before going to bed and pat dry. The olive oil will moisturize the skin while the honey will deep clean your pores. If you don't like the thought of leaving honey and oil on your face, then splash some water on your face to take away the excess. Then pat dry.

3) Too many sleepless nights? Help reduce puffy eyes by brewing green tea and freezing in an ice cube tray. Use the cube wrapped in a cloth and place under the eyes to brighten the under eye area.

4) As I mentioned before, ice cubes will help smooth your complexion, ease wrinkles, shrink pores and promote blood circulation. Just quickly rub the cube all over your face for a couple of minutes before going to bed. For younger looking skin, make ice cubes with diluted apple cider vinegar. This can unclog pores by removing oil and bacteria. Antioxidants increase blood flow and clear out toxins.

Image courtesy of IndianBeautySpot.com

5) Rubbing an ice cube on eyebrows while tweezing can minimize swelling, redness and pain.

6) Ice cubes can help reduce inflammation, redness and shrink acne. This makes ice cubes great for spot treatment. It is also helpful in reducing the size of acne scars.

7) You can also use them as a sunburn remedy by pouring aloe vera gel in an ice cube tray. Freeze it for instant relief from sunburn sting.

These are just a few ways you can incorporate ice into your beauty regimen. If you find the ice to be way to cold for you to bear, then, by all means, wrap it in a paper towel before applying it to your skin.  Also, if you are using the ice directly on your skin, don't leave it on there too long. It can cause frost bite. I know they say "Pain is Beauty", but I don't think this is what they meant.


Do you have any beauty hacks??

Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment