Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Married...With Kids

Raising children really doesn't leave much room for romance in a marriage/relationship. There will be many times when all you will wish for is some quiet/alone time. You get all caught up with homework, runny noses, dinner, laundry, etc. that you forget that nurturing the relationship you have with your husband/wife is just as important. Life becomes a routine. Not that there is anything wrong with routines. They give structure. They help you keep on track. They are predictable. But, eventually, with predictability comes boredom. That's right. Routines are great, but every now and then you need to shake things up.  Its the element of surprise that keeps you intrigued. Or the anticipation of knowing that tonight will be fun, different, exciting.

Image courtesy of www.eslimaginarium.wordpress.com

As someone who has worked a full-time job and now a stay at home mom, I completely understand the importance of having a schedule, having structure, having a routine for your day to day activities/duties. It helps get things done. Or at least make you feel like you have it all under control (because let's face it, many of us will NEVER have it all under control). But every now and then you will find yourself daydreaming. Daydreaming of how things used to be before you got married, or before you had children. Daydreaming of a life full of romance, dancing, excitement. Please don't feel guilty for thinking or feeling this way. It is normal. Give yourself a break. Being married is not always rainbows and unicorns.  Throw children into the mix and life instantly gets crazy. Yes, always know that your children are a blessing and cherish them. But don't forget that you were someones partner before parenthood became your priority. Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a routine?



It is so easy to forget, but you have to make sure that you take that time out to "date" your significant other. Make the time to get dressed up. Go somewhere you have never been to or have not gone to in a while. Take time to make each other the focus. Show your significant other that they mean the world to you and foster that connection that led you to where you are today. Remember your first kiss? The butterflies in your stomach, and your heart beating a million beats per second. It is so easy to forget those moments that, at the time, made life worth living. Some guys feel that romance is nothing more than what a guy does just to hook up. But it is so much more than that. Women are emotional beings. Some of us may be tougher than others, but when it all comes down to it, we want to feel special. We want to know that our partner still gets butterflies in their stomach when we walk in the room.  Ok, I hope I am not getting too mushy.  I can't help it. I am a huge sucker for romance. So when I get the opportunity, I try to tell/show my husband how much I love him. I am not the perfect wife by any means, and I will make my mistakes. Everyone does. Experience has taught me that some days will be good and some not so great. But I do want him to know that I still find him irresistible. I still think about him everyday when we are not together. I try to think of little ways to keep the spark there. Which is why we do our best to make sure we have our time a midst the everyday routines.

Image courtesy of www.nerissairving.com

Having some time to ourselves after the kids are in bed is great. We get to talk, watch our favorite shows together, or just enjoy one another. But, I love the nights that we get to go on a "date". It gives me the opportunity to dress up and put on a little makeup. We go out to get a nice fancy dinner and wing it from there.  Remember that whole spontaneous thing?  Yes. It is important that you keep each other on your toes. It keeps things exciting. It keeps things fun. If you are lucky enough to have someone watch the children, take that opportunity. Do not pass it up. You are showing each other that your relationship is important enough to make a priority. This also shows your children how much their parents love each other and teaches them how to be in a loving relationship. Remember, they learn how to love and be loved from you. By no means do my husband and I have this whole thing down perfectly, but we're working on it...





How do you keep that spark alive?

Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment