Not Quite Zen

{But Working On It}

Just a modern day momma trying to find the balance between life's craziness and zen, with a little bit of fun along the way.

Finding What's Right For You

Remarkable. That's Me.

Many people look at me, I wonder what they see. Do they see a woman, a wife, Or a simple mother of three? A remarkable being, Is what I hope to be. I’m not built like a model, Or as tall as a tree. But I am as rare as a gem As sweet as a honey bee. I am a remarkable woman, My loved ones would agree. It’s the love that I give, The hugs they receive. The food that I cook. And the goals I help them achieve. I am classy, intelligent, Ambitious and sexy. I am charismatic, creative, Selfless, and sometimes cheeky. When people look at me, I already know what they see They see a remarkable woman, a dutiful wife, And a wonderful mother of three.



The Center of Your Own Universe

Thursday, April 16, 2015

And The Nominees Are....

Deciding to stay at home with the children was a huge decision. I have worked ever since I was on my own, and prided myself on being independent. After leaving high school and going into college, I realized the world was a tough place. They really don't prepare you at all during your four years in high school. I was accepted into Pace University and attended for a few months. College was completely different from what I was used to, but I was excited for the change. I was excited to meet new people and most of all I was just excited for the whole experience. That was until I got that first bill. I got the list of books for ONE of my classes. I needed to get at least 2 of the books on the list, so I did what any freshman would do. I went to the bookstore. $115 for one book! Are you freakin' kidding me?!? I thought to myself, how the heck am I supposed to get through these 4 years? Forget that. How the heck was I going to get through this semester? Needless to say, I could not afford college. So I did what any person in my shoes would do. Move out of the state. Ok, that may have been a little extreme. But guess what, my leap of faith paid off. That first year I was on my own in Florida I got a job, learned how to drive, bought a car, enrolled in Massage Therapy school and graduated. How's that for an achievement?

After many, many years of just going through life. You know, ups and downs. I have finally made it to this point. 3 beautiful children and a wonderful husband. We have worked so hard and have finally been blessed with the opportunity for me to stay home. Like I said before, it was a tough decision for me to make. But I am glad I did. Writing on this blog has been so great for me. It gave me a voice I never knew I had. And to make things even sweeter, I actually have readers! People who take time out of their busy day to read what I have to say. That is unbelievable. Interacting with other bloggers is always fun and I have met some amazing people. One of which has nominated yours truly for the Liebster Award.

So I looked up the word "liebster". It turns out that it is a German word that means “favorite” or “beloved”. I am so excited and touched to be nominated and given this award. I hope my blog continues to inspire these feelings and any other positive feelings you can think of.




My nomination came in the form of a Facebook shout out from Sand and Snow...and everywhere in between. Thank you so much. You are awesome!

Accepting the award comes with a few rules. And they are as follows:
  1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the Liebster Award on your blog.
  2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
  3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
  4. Nominate 11 new blogs that you think are deserving of the award
  5. Let those bloggers know you have nominated them
  6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
OK, so here are the 11 questions that I was given to answer:

1. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
     From a young age I always enjoyed writing poems, but never thought about writing about life

2. What was the kookiest job you've ever had?
     It has to be as a restaurant hostess. We had to wear a ridiculous uniform and do an embarrassing dance everyday at 6pm

3. How many days a year do you spend traveling?
    We try to go a vacation at least 2 times a year for about 1 week to 2 weeks at a time. Really wish we could travel more though

4. What was your inspiration to write?
     Staying at home I saw it was so easy to lose who you are and your sense of individuality. This is my way of leaving a mark in the world and showing people that you can raise a family and not have that be the only thing that defines you.

5. What is your favorite blog post to date?
     My favorite post so far is 5 Things I want to Teach my Daughters. Lessons for my Little Man will be coming soon.

6. How do you maintain a balance between writing and home?
    I try to find a schedule for myself and do most of my writing at night when Little Man is sleeping. 

7. Favorite television program?
    Ugh. There are a few. But I will narrow it down to my top 3: The Originals (I'm a sucker for supernatural things. Oh, and Elijah is sexy as hell), Gotham and The Walking Dead

8. Who was your hero growing up?
    I didn't have 1 hero. I had 2. My mom and my grandmother. The two most important women in my life (after my little girls of course).

9. Sand or snow?
    I know I will probably get a lot of flack for this, but I would have to say SNOW!!!

10. Favorite spot to vacation?
      So far I would have to say Jamaica. The island is beautiful and I loved showing my kids where part of their heritage lies. They are half Puerto Rican (me) and half Jamaican (daddy)

11. What's the one recipe you can make with your eyes closed?
      My famous Arroz con Gandules (Rice with Pigeon Peas). Come on, every Hispanic woman has to know how to make the staple.

Ok, now for the 11 random fact about me.


  1. I'm also a licensed Massage Therapist
  2. I love to cook. A lot. I consider myself a foodie.
  3. I was born in Brooklyn, NY
  4. I love Halloween. I find it so much fun to dress up, party and love the thrill of being scared.
  5. My husband swears I break the weirdest things because of my "brute strength".
  6. Growing up I always dreamed of being famous
  7. I am 1 inch shy of being declared legally a dwarf (I am 4'11")
  8. I am a huge Super Mario Bros. fan
  9. I prefer villains over heroes because they are more fun.
  10. I can be really shy and hate speaking in public.
  11. I once wrestled in Jell-O (don't ask)
Now, for my 11 blogs that I would like to acknowledge and nominate. They are:


Again, thank you so much to Sand and Snow...and everywhere in between for nominating me. It is so great to know that people out there are enjoying this old bloggy blog and I am truly honored.

Here are my questions for my blog picks:

  1. What has been your greatest accomplishment so far?
  2. What would your dream job be?
  3. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
  4. What is your dream vacation?
  5. What's your favorite T.V show?
  6. Name one item on your "bucket list"
  7. How do you find ZEN?
  8. What inspires you?
  9. What's the hardest part of blogging?
  10. What is the best thing about you?
  11. What is your favorite quote?


Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment